Apartment Policies and FAQ
The Terrace wants to make your retirement experience as enjoyable, as safe and as hassle-free as possible. Below, you will find a list of our major apartment policies and answers to a few common senior living questions. For more information on the amenities offered in each unit or on the services and activities available at the Terrace, please visit our “Apartments” page. To see our studio, 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom floor plans and pricing information, please see our “Floor Plans & Pricing” page.
Our Senior Apartment Policies
Whether it’s what you do in your free time or what you eat for dessert, having choices gives you the freedom to live a life you love. When it comes to senior housing, why would it be any different? At the Terrace, we do everything we can to create a retirement community that thrives on independence and personalization—especially when it comes to our senior apartments.
- Age Requirement: To apply for a senior living apartment at the Terrace, you must be 62 years or older. For those 61 and under, we can’t wait for you to consider joining our community soon!
- Pets: We happily allow cats and dogs. If you have specific questions about your current pet or our pet policy, please contact us.
- Guests: We welcome friends and family at any time. Your guests are welcome to stay in your senior apartment with you, or we have additional and affordable guest accommodations available on location.
- Furnishings: Feeling comfortable at home is important. the Terrace invites you to bring your own furnishings to set up your perfect senior apartment according to your preferences.
- Maintenance: Regular maintenance and housekeeping services are available for all of our apartments as we aim to make your retirement living experience as hassle-free as possible.
Senior Living FAQ
When you’re trying to find the perfect place to call home in your retirement, the amount of choices you will be presented with can be overwhelming. There are seemingly endless options for senior housing, including independent living and assisted living, as well as a vast selection of amenities, activities, services and features that will differ among each retirement community. Here are answers to some common questions to help you navigate the senior apartment selection process at the Terrace:
What's the Difference Between Independent Living and Assisted Living?
The most important thing to consider when choosing the right senior housing is the level of care you need day-to-day. If you require more assistance with your activities of daily living (ADL’s), such as dressing or continence management, then assisted living is a great option to pursue.
On the other hand, independent living, the main lifestyle of residents at the Terrace, is perfect for seniors who wish to maintain maximum independence while still enjoying the company and convenience of a retirement community that provides onsite activities and tailored amenities.
What are the Safety Features?
At the Terrace, we realize that safety is of the utmost concern when it comes to choosing a retirement community for yourself or your loved one. We have staff on-hand 24/7 (a feature many retirement communities don’t offer) to monitor the property for our residents’ safety and support. We also keep our doors secured day and night while still allowing our residents full access to come and go as they choose.
How Do I Apply for a Senior Living Apartment at the Terrace?
To apply for residence at the Terrace and to make one of our senior living apartments your new home, we invite you to give us a call or send us a message! Our helpful staff will get you or your loved ones set up for a tour of the Terrace and can help you choose the apartment floor plan that’s just right for you. While you’re there, our staff will be happy and available to answer any additional questions you might have.
Contact the Terrace Retirement Community Today!
Ready to learn more about joining our community? Contact our staff today at (573) 875-2538 or send us a message online. We will be happy to send you additional information by mail or set up an appointment to tour our property. We look forward to welcoming you to the Terrace very soon!