Independent Senior Apartments in Columbia, MO
Whether it’s what you do in your free time or what you eat for dessert, having choices gives you the freedom to live a life you love. When it comes to senior housing, why would it be any different? At the Terrace, we do everything we can to create a retirement community that thrives on independence and personalization—especially when it comes to our senior apartments.
Our Senior Apartment Policies
- Pets: We proudly allow cats and dogs. If you have additional questions about our pet policy, our staff is happy to help!
- Guests: We welcome friends and family at any time. Your guests are welcome to stay in your senior apartment with you, or we have affordable guest accommodations available.
- Decor: We understand that feeling at home is important. Bring your own furnishings and make it your senior apartment your home.
- Maintenance: Maintenance and housekeeping is available for all of our apartments as we aim to make your retirement living experience as hassle-free as possible!
- Age Requirement: To apply for our senior living apartments, you must be 62 years or older. For those 61 and under, we can’t wait for you to join our community in a few years!
Senior Apartments Features and Highlights
- Large Windows and Plentiful Natural Light
- Cable TV
- Utilities Included (Except Phone)
- Assigned Parking
- Guest Parking
- Weekly Housekeeping
- Personal Kitchens (depending on your unit, this may include: range, fridge, microwave, dishwasher, or variation)
- Maintenance-Free Living
Choose Your Floor Plan
Whether you prefer the ease of a studio, the privacy of a single bedroom, or the space of a suite, we have plenty of options to help you find the right fit! With a plethora of floor plans to choose from, you’re free to find the option that works best with your lifestyle and preferences.
1 Bedroom Senior Apartments
2 Bedroom Apartments
Finding the Perfect Senior Housing
When choosing your senior apartment, the square footage, number of bathrooms, and kitchen setup are definitely important—that’s why we give you so many options to choose from! However, just as important as the apartment itself are the community, activities and amenities. Each retirement community has a unique personality and standard amenities, and both of these should be considered when finding the perfect senior apartment for you or your loved one.
The Community: Find Your People
The places we live and the people we live with can play a major role in our mood. Our goal is that each of our residents feels dignified, independent, and involved. To us, creating an environment that values respect, freedom, and friendship means having:
- A compassionate staff that’s available 24/7
- Activities that allow you to socialize, get involved, and stay active
- A plethora of options—from dining to hobbies to floor plans—making your choice matter
The Activities: Explore Your Passion
If retirement has a synonym, it should be freedom— to pursue your passions, discover new interests, and fill your days with what you love. We offer a variety of activities each week to help you enjoy your freedom, including:
- Billiards, cards, and games
- Choral group
- Discussion group
- Exercise classes
- Book clubs
- Live entertainment
- Educational presentations
The Amenities: Enjoy Convenience
You’ll enjoy even more freedom in your retirement with the help of on-site amenities at your apartment complex. Without having to cook, clean, and run errands, you’ll have more time to do what you love. We offer the following conveniences and amenities:
- Notary public service
- Blood pressure checks
- Scheduled transportation
- Barber/beauty salon
- Billiards/game room
- Fitness center
- Movie theatre
- Postal service
- Sundry shop
- Laundry areas
- Guest accommodations
When you’re trying to find the perfect place to call home in your retirement, the plethora of choices can be overwhelming. There are seemingly endless options for senior housing, including independent living and assisted living, as well as a vast selection of amenities, activities, services, and features. Here are answers to some common questions to help you navigate the senior apartment selection process:
What's the Difference Between Independent Living and Assisted Living?
The most important thing to consider when choosing the right senior housing is the level of care you need day-to-day. If you require more assistance with your activities of daily living (ADL’s)—such as dressing or continence management—then assisted living is a great option. On the other hand, independent living is perfect for seniors who wish to maintain maximum independence while enjoying the convenience of a community and onsite activities and amenities.
What are the Safety Features?
At the Terrace, we realize that safety is an utmost concern when it comes to choosing a retirement community for yourself or your loved one. We have ‘round-the-clock staff (a feature many retirement communities don’t offer) to monitor the property for your safety and support. We also keep our doors secured day and night, but still allow residents full access to come and go as they choose.
How Do I Apply for a Senior Living Apartment at The Terrace?
To apply and make one of our senior living apartments your new home, simply call! Our helpful staff will get you set up for a tour of the Terrace and help you choose the apartment that’s just right for you. Our staff is knowledgeable and available to help answer any of your questions!