Senior Living Community Services & Amenities
As individuals, we all have our own preferences, interests, and ways we like to spend our time.
Moving to a senior living community shouldn’t mean giving up your independence. At the Terrace, you’ll find no constraints to living your preferred lifestyle—whether that’s time spent in the Columbia community, meeting your neighbors through social activities, or indulging in ample me-time.
What Sets Our Senior Living Community Apart
At our senior living community, we provide many services and amenities so you can fill your days with what you love! We’re known for our variety of activities and opportunities to get involved, including getaways to top destinations around Missouri, an exceptional choir, and weekly activity themes. Here’s a little bit more about what makes us stand out against other senior living communities:
New and Weekly Activities
At the Terrace, we value a fun environment filled with activities that bring the community together! We’ll encourage you to learn something new all while empowering you to care for your overall well-being—including mental, physical, and emotional health! Our activities also adapt to our residents’ interests, meaning we’ll make changes to ensure we’re keeping up with the times.
- Exciting new exercise classes, including Tai Chi and Senior Salsa.
- Live entertainment, including local and out of town bands.
- Opportunities for mental exercise through brain games.
- Fun social activities, including movies, bingo, and bridge.
- Mental exercise and learning opportunities, including a mobile library, educational presentations, and discussion groups (research a new topic, ponder on it, then come back to share your views and gain new perspectives).
- Clubs to bring together those with common interests, like creative writing groups, book clubs, and the Terrace Singers choir! Our Terrace Singer choir is a huge hit—they meet once a week to practice select themed music and draw crowds who adore their performances. Anyone is welcome to join these clubs to find community and share what they love.
- Regularly scheduled transportation for banking, shopping, medical appointments, and church services. Special transportation needs can usually be accommodated with advanced planning.
The Terrace Retirement Community is conveniently located in the Columbia community so you have access to all the city has to offer. Columbia is a bustling town, with an abundance of nature areas, shopping, golf courses, and Missouri University—an NCAA Division 1 school with a lively fan base and top-tier athletic program. In the neighborhood of our senior living community, you’ll find:
Nearby Activities & Conveniences
- Right Across the Street:
- Golf Course
- Hiking Trails
- Large City Park
- Recreation Fields
- Down the Road:
- Shopping Mall
- Doctor’s Offices and Hospital
- Grocery Stores
- Dog Park
- Botanical Garden & Veteran’s Memorial
Day Trips to Top Missouri Destinations
Though our community, facilities, and property offers a lively, friendly, and inviting atmosphere, we understand how important it can be to get out and keep exploring! With ample opportunities for adventure with our day trips, there’s never a reason to get cabin fever!
Previous Day Trip Locations
- Around the Community:
- Columbia Art League
- Cosmopolitan Park
- Columbia Mall
- Health and Wellness Shops
- Around the State:
- Wineries in Hermann
- Powell Gardens in Kansas City
- Missouri State Capitol in Jefferson City
- The Arch in St. Louis
Restaurant-Style Senior Living Dining
The quality of food we serve our residents at the Terrace is shocking—in the best way possible. Unlike most senior living communities, we don’t offer bland cafeteria-style buffets or boring rotating menus. All of our dining menus are made to order, cooked to compete with the top restaurants in the area. Our dining services offer the following:
- Full service, restaurant style dining
- 3 dining experiences to choose from
- All-day casual dining at the Bistro
- Refreshments and casual dining at the Pub
- Dinner served in our lovely dining room
- Variety of menu selections at each experience
- Guests welcome
- Group luncheons
- Special occasion celebrations
Other Services, Amenities, and Activities We Offer
Though the above-mentioned services are the most popular, we still offer a slew of other activities and amenities that make our senior living community safe, convenient, and—most of all—fun!
- Cable TV
- Small pets allowed
- All utilities paid (except phone)
- Weekly housekeeping service
Safety and Response Services
- On-site staff available 24/7
- Safety rails in bathrooms
- Emergency call system
- Weekly blood pressure checks
- Scheduled transportation
- Barber/beauty salon
- Billiards/Game room
- Fitness center
- Media room
- Computer lab
- Sundry shop
- Laundry areas
- Business service center (postal service, notary public service, etc.)
- Guest accommodations
- Individual storage locker
- Assigned parking
Join in on the Fun of Our Columbia Senior Living Community Services!
Have any questions about our services, amenities, and activities? Curious about next steps for joining in on the fun? Call us today—we’d be happy to answer any questions you may have!